Focus on: TUPE and redundancy half day workshop
Indicative course content (tailored to audience requirements and business need):
- The distinction between redundancy and other forms of dismissal explained
- Fair dismissal procedures for redundancy
- TUPE - what is a ‘transfer’ and what is an ‘undertaking’?
- TUPE - who goes over on transfer and who does not?
- TUPE - the statutory obligations explained in relation to consultation with and informing employees of the effects of the transfer, as well as the duty to provide the transferee with liability information
- TUPE - what exactly transfers?
- TUPE - what are potentially fair dismissals for 'economic, technical or organisational reasons'
- The Government’s ‘rescue culture’ approach explained
- TUPE - the costs of getting this complex process wrong.
Who is the course for?
- HR professionals with responsibility for change management and organisational development.
- HR professionals who have responsibility for the management of redundancies or TUPE.
- Transactions and wish to have this complex area of law de-mystified when contemplating
- Mergers and/or acquisitions.
- Managers overseeing the process of redundancy or transfer of parts of businesses or entire undertakings.