GDPR Human Resources Support Packages
With the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) coming into force on 25th May 2018, organisations are beginning to
ramp up preparations to meet the Regulation’s requirements. After this date, any organisations, large or small, which fall short of the
Regulation will be liable to claims from personal individuals for breaches with regulatory fines of
up to £20m or 4% of annual turnover.
The biggest risk to your business in reality is from complaints to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) from employees, customers or competitors for data breaches.
From an HR perspective, it is critical for organisations to consider whether existing policies and procedures are GDPR
compliant, especially where time limits may be a factor, e.g. in relation to breach notification and Subject Access Requests (SAR's). The Regulation significantly enhances the rights of data subjects, which will in turn present greater compliance obligations
As a minimum, the introduction of GDPR means that employers should review their documentation to ensure that:
- data protection and privacy considerations are embedded;
- only the minimum amount of personal data is collected and processed for a specific purpose;
- there is a legal basis for processing personal data;
- individuals whose personal data is being processed and provided with privacy notices.
To support human resources departments and businesses as they work towards compliance, we offer practical advice in relation to management of employee and personnel data. Our complete GDPR HR toolkit is £599 + VAT and includes:
- Guidance on how to start preparing for GDPR
- Guidance on how to develop and implement a compliance programme
- Guidance and framework on conducting an HR data audit
- GDPR 2018 Data Protection Policy
- Contractual documentation clauses: Data Protection, Employee Privacy Notice and Confidentiality Agreement
- Model contract clause wording for processing of data in accordance with disciplinary , grievance and performance improvement procedures.
- Register of HR related personal data
- Form for making a subject access request (SAR)
- Job applicant privacy notice
- letter templates relating to SAR's
- Staff Implementation Notice
- Education material: Training presentation to prepare staff for GDPR and their responsibilities
We understand that businesses are in varying stages of readiness, and we offer all of our documentation individually for
purchase. If you need expert advice on developing an internal strategy, conducting a risk assessment, and implementing any
of our GDPR HR toolkit we can work with you to establish compliance.
GDPR compliant HR Software
From only £9 per month we offer GDPR compliant HR Software certified to the information security standard ISO 27001. We take the protection of employee records very seriously, and would recommend using a certified Information Management System (IMS) to control information assets and access appropriately within your business. Management of recruitment campaigns should also be carried out with integrity with data security at the forefront of processing decisions.
To manage all of this through an available, secure and dependable cloud based platform, speak to us today for your free trial
Nigel French & Associates Ltd