Focus on: Contracts of Employment Half Day Workshop
Indicative course content (tailored to audience requirements and business need):
- Employment status. Are your staff employees, workers or independent contractors, and why does it matter?
- The S.1 Statement
- Implied terms of the contract, including the ‘mutual trust and confidence’ breach
- The contractual status or otherwise of a Staff Handbook
- Interpretation of express clauses
- Relationship between contractual and statutory terms
- The enforceability of restrictive covenants (restraint of trade clauses)
- Variation of the contract
- Notice pay and entitlement to the same
- Consequences for breach of contract, including employment tribunal claims.
Who is the course for?
- Start-up business owners who are contemplating employing staff.
- General managers who wish to negotiate terms and conditions with confidence.
- HR professionals who wish to gain a greater insight into the status of the contract.
For more information, to book a space and to hold this workshop in your organisation